Tuesday 20 January 2009

Do Not Turn Back and Do Not Falter.

How could I not spare a moment to blog about what I just witnessed?

It is clear that The United States of America lived up to it's name today. And they are joined by citizens of countless nations who follow their achievements with envy. Four years ago I watched the inauguration in a state of disbelief and despair. Today as I listen to President Obama speak, I can not stop nodding. Yes, yes, yes...

I envy you America. Really I do. It is now the responsibility of the UK to similarly unite under a system of government which can bravely promise so much and inspire such faith. I do not know where we will find it, but we must.

The world will, of course, be no less troubled today than yesterday but it's hard to deny it is, now, a world more full of hope. Surely a significant and worthy achievement in itself.

No comments: